Former Fukuoka Prefecture Public Hall Distinguished Guest House
Is a Western-style building in a corner of Tenjin Central Park. In 1910 (Meiji 43), the Former Fukuoka Prefecture Public Hall Distinguished Guest House was constructed for the 13th Kyushu-Okinawa Association Exhibition and as a place to entertain guests. After that, it was used as a prefectural public hall. After World War Two, the building was used as the Fukuoka High Court, a Prefectual Fisheries High School and as the Prefectual Board of Education. It is now one of the few public buildings remaining to be based on French Renaissance from the Meiji Era (1868 – 1912). As such, it has been designated as an Important Cultural Asset by government. The interior of the building is open to the public, and visitors are free to observe it.
*About the building: Government-Designated Significant Cultural Asset; Built in March, 1910; Area – 369 square meters (3,972 square feet)
*Accessibility: textured paving blocks for the visually impaired
*Free for people with disabilities and aged 65 or over
|Address||810-0002 6-29 Nishinakasu, Chuo Ward, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka|
Fukuoka Prefecture Board of Education
|Fees||General admission – 240 yen; Children – 120 yen|
|Mondays, From Dec. 29th till Jan. 3rd.|
|Parking||No parking available|
|Access||A five minute walk from Nakasukawabata subway station|
|Times Available||From 9am till 5pm|
|Genre||Gardens and Buildings (History and Culture)|
The information on this page, including hours of operation and prices, is subject to change. For the latest information and details, please check the store or the organizer's website, or contact them directly.