VISIT FUKUOKA

Akizuki Castle Ruins

In accordance with feudal lord Kuroda Nagamasa’s dying demands, Akizuki castle was built in 1623. After that, the castle became the official residence of Akizuki’s feudal lords for successive generations. Akizuki castle is a small, military camp-like castle; the Kuromon Gate that served as the castle’s Otemon (front) Gate is now the gate to Suiyo Shrine, and the rear gate known as Nagayamon is the only structure left standing in its original position.

*About the Castle: Municipal-Designated Historical Site; built in 1623.
*Accessibility: Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms; guide dogs permitted; changing tables in bathrooms; automated voice guidance at Kuromon.

Address 838-0011 Akizukinotori, Asakura City, Fukuoka
Contact Tel:0946-24-6758 
Asakura City Commercial Tourism Division
Parking 150 vehicles (300 Yen/Day); 5 minibuses (1,000 Yen/Day); 5 tour buses (2,000/Day)
Access By bus – From Amagi Station on the Amagi Railway, take any bus bound for Akizuki (20 minute ride); get off at Kyodokan Mae bus stop (7 minute walk from there)
By car – 20 minutes from the Amagi Interchange off the Oita Expressway
Area Chikugo Area
Genre Historical Assets and Castles (History and Culture)
Link

The information on this page, including hours of operation and prices, is subject to change. For the latest information and details, please check the store or the organizer's website, or contact them directly.