Akizuki Castle Main Gate (Kuromon)/Nagayamon
The gate commonly called Kuromon was originally the Otemon (front gate) of Akizuki castle. However, when Suiyo Shrine was built to honor the feudal lord Kuroda Nagaoki in the early Meiji Era (late 1800’s), the Kuromon was transferred to its current position. According to one theory, the Kuromon is actually the Karametemon (or rear gate) of Koshosan Castle, the palace of feudal lord Akizuki in the Middle Ages. Nagayamon is the rear gate of Akizuki Castle and is the only one to remain in its original location.
*About the Gate: Municipal-Desginated Tangible Cultural Asset
|Address||838-0011 Akizukinotori, Asakura City, Fukuoka|
Asakura City Commercial Tourism Division
|Parking||Available: 150 vehicles (300 Yen/Day); 5 minibuses (1,000 Yen/Day); 5 tour buses (2,000 Yen/Day)|
|Access||By bus – From Amagi Station on the Amagi Railway, take any bus bound for Akizuki (20 minute ride); get off at Kyodokan Mae bus stop (10 minute walk from there)
By car – 20 minutes from the Amagi Interchange off the Oita Expressway
|Genre||Historical Assets and Castles (History and Culture)|
The information on this page, including hours of operation and prices, is subject to change. For the latest information and details, please check the store or the organizer's website, or contact them directly.