After the battle of Sekigahara in 1600, Nagamasa Kuroda succeeded the Chikuzen region and Matsuo Castle was built as one of their castles in 1601. One of Kuroda family’s chief vassal Rokuroemon Kuroda became the lord of the castle. It was destroyed in 1615 in response to the Shogunate’s order ”one domain, one castle”. It played an important role in securing the border between Buzen-Kokura. It has since been designated as Fukuoka Prefecture Historic Site, Matsuo Castle Ruin.
|Address||838-1601 Koishiwara, Toho Village, Asakura County|
Toho Village Office Planning and Promotion Division
|Access||Oita Expressway Haki IC; approximately 30 minutes by car|
|Genre||Historical Assets and Castles (History and Culture) Gardens and Buildings (History and Culture)|
The information on this page, including hours of operation and prices, is subject to change. For the latest information and details, please check the store or the organizer's website, or contact them directly.